POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Holorec-room test #3(hopefully last) : Holorec-room test #3(hopefully last) Server Time
19 Jun 2024 15:36:47 EDT (-0400)
  Holorec-room test #3(hopefully last)
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 24 Aug 2007 10:10:01
Message: <web.46cee5b5a0ee8aadb4a03ea00@news.povray.org>
OK.  Here is the last test which adresses all the improvements suggested to
me.
First, I made the room that is simulated round, where the holorec room is
square.  This was done on suggestion of John VanSickle to make the effect
cooler.

Second, I added the character to the mask for transformation.  It reflects
the transformation around it, while still being faithful to its textures.

And as a third thing, I created a new character.  Many people did not easily
recognize my boxed characters as characters, so I created a more humanoid
figure.  Note that he still needs some minor detailing, but I did finish
the overall of him

These are the results of combining these three new things.

I just now noticed that the hallway leading out of the room is the exact
width of the door.  Though not intended, I do think this adds a nice bit of
detail to the animation.  And the characters wheels on the back are mooving.
 It's just hard to see here.

Please leave comments or any more suggestions for improvement.  I know that
the rooms look a bit bland, but they are still in the works.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'holorec_test_3.m1v.mpg' (684 KB)